About SERVE OKLAHOMA:
This is a statewide emphasis that is designed to encourage churches and Oklahoma Baptists to get outside the walls of the church building to transform their community for Christ and impact lostness all across our state. Here are some key points to this initiative.
- Designating March 2013 as SERVE OKLAHOMA month
- “Being the church” instead of “doing church”
- Mobilizing believers to take Jesus outside the walls of the building
- Organizing a day of service and season of service through your Sunday School or small groups
- Sharing your church’s story with the Baptist Messenger
- SERVE OKLAHOMA resources will be distributed at the State Evangelism Conference and mailed to all BGCO churches at the end of January 2013. PDF files of the materials will be available by January 10, 2013. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like the PDF files early for planning your Month of Service project leading up to and just past Easter 2013 (March 31, 2013).